Print this Page

About Us

Longdale Elementary School, located in the Fairfield district, was named after its community. Longdale is an area located between Mountain Road and Brook Road. The Longdale community was named for E. T. Long, who moved into the area around 1924. He built, rented, and sold more homes than anyone else in the area prior to that time. The original wood-framed school was built in 1922 on Greenwood Road next to Greenwood Methodist Church. In 1933, the school was destroyed by a fire and was rebuilt as a brick building at its current location.

Permanent link to this article: https://longdale.henricoschools.us/about-us/